My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2020 2:38 am  #1

Stores open, churches closed??

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 7, 2020 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Stores open, churches closed??

Well, now even stores are going to be either closing or limiting the stuff they sell, sometimes they'll sell to certain "folks" and sometimes not.  To me, the really scary part is not being able to buy garden seeds.  I garden mostly for something to do since my stroke.  I like to be out in the sun for a while each day (whenever we actually have sun) and I like to grow stuff.  This is getting insane.  These big box stores are having to throw out fresh produce rather than selling it to people - - what's wrong with this picture?

Hmmmm . . . I can feel communism knocking at all of our doors, thanks to Bernie Sanders.  I can't believe President Trump would allow this to happen, but hey I've been wrong before.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/daisy-luther/the-government-wants-to-decide-what-items-are-essential-purchases-and-what-things-youre-not-allowed-to-buy/

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 7, 2020 9:16 pm  #3

Re: Stores open, churches closed??

And then there's this standpoint from Ron Paul.  Good stuff but not exactly a day-brightener, if you get my drift.

"On March 24th, the CDC issued an alert stating that doctors should classify “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19” as Covid-19 deaths. Perhaps that explains the seeming drop-off of pneumonia deaths this year and the simultaneous spike in Covid-19 deaths as some researchers have reported.The BBC reported last week that, “At present in the US, any death of a Covid-19 patient, no matter what the physician believes to be the direct cause, is counted for public reporting as a Covid-19 death.”Does that sound like a scientifically sound way of determining how deadly Covid-19 really is?What is most dangerous is that although this virus will eventually disappear, the assault on our civil liberties is not likely to be reversed. From this point on, whenever local officials, county officials, state governors, or federal bureaucrats decide there is sufficient reason to suspend the Constitution they will not hesitate to do so. Anyone who challenges the suspension of the Constitution “for our own good” will be labeled “unpatriotic” and perhaps even reported to the authorities. We have already seen hotlines springing up across the country for Americans to report other Americans who dare venture outside to enjoy the sun and build up their vitamin D protection against the coronavirus."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/ron-paul/end-the-shutdown-its-time-for-resurrection/

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera