My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2020 1:43 am  #1

Grandma was right

I say, persistently, the old remedies are still well worth using.  Remedies like salt water gargling (I use pink salt because of the extra mineral content), vinegar water gargling (my DH uses Bragg's Vinegar) and cleaning with Clorox bleach whenever and wherever you can is still good advice.  Soaking your feet in epsom salt water is always a good idea, too, whether you feel sick or not.  Everyone can use the extra magnesium and what feels better than a foot soak?  Besides, it's a great way to relax, even if only for 15 minutes or so.

But the best advice, IMPHHO, is still to just get outdoors as much as possible, into the fresh air and sunshine.  We don't have any sunshine today but it'll be back, and I STILL need the fresh air.  I'm so damned lucky to still live in an area of the country where there is fresh air!  We even smell wood smoke in the evenings, which we love, and I don't consider that a bad thing.  It means life is "normal" and people are carrying on per usual, not panicking or freaking out, even though the media and the gubmint would LOVE you to do both of those.  So while it stays cool enough in my area of the country to warrant using a fireplace, I'll be outdoors on the porch whenever possible.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/27/how-grandmothers-gargling-remedy-could-help-abate-the-wuhan-virus/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera