My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2019 12:53 am  #1

Medicare and medicaid are actually welfare programs

Taken from the link posted below the quote.  Some good points but this does not take into consideration the babies who need caring for, who cannot care for themselves.  We also MUST take care of our elderly people no matter what.  We are not a heartless society.  But, I get what he's saying for the most part.  We are being USED.

"Medicare and Medicaid are actually welfare programs. They have nothing to do with insurance. Using that term gives them and those who use them undeserved respect.

Medicaid is one hundred percent welfare, and Medicare is mostly a welfare program. They shouldn’t be termed “insurance.”

The important point is that they shouldn’t exist. Why should the State cover a person’s medical costs? If it should, maybe it should also cover their food, shelter, and clothing—oh, wait, I forgot, it does. And even the cost of their cellphones. But cars are also important. When someone’s car stops working, shouldn’t that be covered as well?

How about their dog? How about farm animals?  (**MINE: We're already paying farmers NOT to grow crops - - if you can believe a stupid "program" like that would survive in America, but it did and does).

Is somebody else’s bad health a mortgage on my life?

Bad things happen. That’s why you buy insurance. If you can’t afford insurance, that means you managed your life badly. It’s not up to strangers to kiss it all and make it better for you.

Most diseases and many injuries are a result of people not taking care of themselves. They overeat, don’t exercise, use alcohol and drugs, and engage in bad lifestyles. Those are moral failures. I don’t want to pay for those people’s moral failures. Neither should you."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/doug-casey/doug-casey-on-the-crisis-medicare-for-all-will-cause/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera