My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2019 7:39 am  #1

City life: losing the ability to make friends

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/americans-are-losing-the-ability-to-make-friends-heres-how-to-recover-it/

The people who live out in the country (on farms and ranches, I mean) have no problem making and keeping friends because they are honest and loyal people.  Believe me, I know this for a fact. 

City people, on the other hand, are suspicious of one another - - and with good reason. 

We need to start sharing our lives with others once again, instead of constantly looking down at phones.  I've never been sooooo glad to be "out of the loop" with techno crap.  I don't own an iphone or anything like it, and I have no intention of doing so in the future either.  They are a constant waste of time.  As you can see by the condition and deterioration of our country and it's best institutions (churches, libraries, museums, etc) we are losing ground fast.  My generation of folks are the only ones who use these facilities anymore.  It's sad.

We need to get off dead center and bring back "visiting over the back fence" etc.  We had a much nicer country when that was the norm, not a bunch of costly, faceless electronic gadgets.

During my grandparents generation, they LITERALLY DEPENDED on their neighbors for life itself, sometimes. 

Sometimes for food.  Sometimes just for visiting and keeping their sanity!  Sometimes to buy or borrow hay or grain or whatever to keep their animals alive.  Sometimes for helping with home births. 

Would YOU trust anyone from this generation to even know those facts much less perform them, if need be??  I doubt it.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera