My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2017 10:45 pm  #1

baseball vs football !!

I used to watch baseball with my grampa back in the late 50's and early 60's.  I remember him sitting up close to the tv so he could turn down the sound when a commercial came on!  Wow, if he saw some of the commercials today, he'd just turn the set off for about 2 minutes and then turn it back on (back then the set had to "warm up" before the screen showed anything).  Back then the commercials were for cigarettes, beer, a Gillette shaving stuff, so if gramp's saw the half to 3/4 naked ladies on tv in today's commercials, not to mention some of the other creepy stuff I can't mention without being called some horrible name by some jackwhang) he'd have had apoplexy right then and there. 

This is one of those 5 minute vid's where George Carlin is kinda sorta annoying and yet he makes some very good points - - and explains better than I could about why I like baseball best!  Still do. 

Also, I'm curious as to why comedians can speak on stage for sometimes an hour, without missing a beat, and our elected officials can't make a single sentence statement without a teleprompter.  Makes you wonder if we have things turned around.  I'm sure the comedians would do a better job in WADC (at least in CONgress) than the jokers who are there now.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/baseball-vs-football/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera