My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2019 4:05 am  #1

All about rice

Lots and lots of information here.  Read a little at a time if nothing else, because it's likely to be stuff you didn't know.

My family likes brown rice - we just like the nutty flavor - and I often mix it with some wild rice (which comes to my area from our neighboring State of MN and we buy it in bulk at the organic health food store).  It keeps well, but I usually keep both brown rice and wild rice in the freezer section of my fridge because we don't eat it that often even though I buy it in bulk.  I sometimes share it with friends and neighbors, and when we have potlucks at the church I often make dishes using rice.

Rice pudding is one of my favorite desserts and I think that's true because I have the recipe my paternal gramma used all her life.  When we were kids we used to have races to get to her kitchen table when we knew she had made rice pudding for our dessert.  Sometimes she added raisins, other times not.  We liked it either way because it was her "pudding" part that us kids liked best of all !

This is good reading and a lot to learn.

https://recipes.mercola.com/how-to-cook-rice.aspx

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera