My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2019 8:31 pm  #1

Do you know what hate speech is?

This is a pretty good, over-all way to handle hate speech if you REALLY want to do something about it.  If not, I mean if you enjoy hate speech, you can stop reading right here.

(The KKK *klan* is just being used here as an example.  This can apply to any hate speech agenda, such as what we see going on in the dimwit dem party today, what we see as censorship on the social platforms, etc.  There are 3 steps to his theory, I'm just highlighting the third here.)

"You have to intentionally be inciting people to commit crimes of violence. Those crimes have to be specific and imminent. (“Let’s go down the street and hang this guy” would be specific and imminent. “I’d like to string that guy up” would not be.) And there has to be a strong likelihood that once the threat is made, the crimes will actually be committed. If any of these three things is lacking, the speech is protected. It can be hateful as all get-out, but it’s still protected.

Now, listen to me, people, because here’s the part that nobody believes.

Numero Three-o: When you let extremists speak, their words eventually become meaningless. It’s only when you suppress them that they gain power.

If counterprotesters don’t go to the Klan rally, the Klan rally ceases to exist.

How do I know this? Because I’ve seen Klan rallies that are so lame they don’t get noticed. Why don’t they get noticed? Because they chose some town that was wise enough not to care whether they gathered there or not. The Klan has no power until it goes into an area that hates it."

Another quote from the same article:

"The way to get rid of so-called “hate speech” is to let it flourish. Since no one really believes this, it will never happen. But in the meantime, somebody should hand Mark Zuckerberg a copy of Brandenburg v. Ohio, and maybe a few nasty, scurrilous political pamphlets from our rich history of profane invective. The proper solution for hate speech on Facebook is no solution at all. It’s a platform for everyone. Putting a bunch of second-rate Deputy Dawg monitors on every street corner of that platform is a recipe for punishing the innocent, rewarding the most clever evildoers, and getting lampooned every time one of your artificial-intelligence algorithms identifies something in a church bulletin as hateful."

https://www.takimag.com/article/facebook-might-decide-youre-a-hater/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera