My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2019 8:44 pm  #1

Homemade Elderberry Syrup

You can always buy it in health food and upper-end, upscale grocery stores but it's cheaper to make it and you know exactly what's in it.  It really is like magic! 

I used the dried, organic berries from my local food co-op because that's all I had access to, I used some of my real honey with the cappings still in place which I buy from Edwin Shank @ The Family Cow and they ship it to me (although shipping from PA to my State is quite spendy!!) and follow the same type recipe as what's given in the article below.  We use it all winter and lately all summer, too. 

The military has been doing so much "spraying" in our area (even though they'd never admit they were spraying anything) in our area that people have become guinea pigs for experimentation for the phrMa companies through the military maneuvers without our knowledge or consent.  They are forever spraying something all over the place and this is ruining our vegetation in the hills and on the eastern plains. It's not doing good things for lawns and shrubbery in town, either, and more people have been sick in the past 3 years than I've ever heard in this area.  It's terrible whatever they're doing. But they refuse to take responsibility even though everyone who lives here knows what's happening.  

Sooooo, we've gotten so that we use elderberry syrup at least twice weekly in the summer, and nearly every day in the winter.  I was terribly terribly sick with colds and flu during the winters of 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 and didn't have any of this on hand, the health food stores were sold out, so my DH brought me some elderberry wine.  I don't know if it made me get well faster, but I got so I didn't care!! 

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/elderberry-syrup-a-magic-immunity-elixir-18193

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera