My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2018 4:18 am  #1

A really good "hoot of the week"!

When I heard about this on Sunday, I couldn't stop laughing.  Years ago we had a friend who worked at the local payless shoe outlet and this reminded us of a story he often told.  Some woman came to his store looking for some sandals for her granddaughter and she found some she liked.  Even though the price (marked clearly on the item) was only something like $12.99, the woman insisted on paying "high end retail price" for them.  So the store made a profit that day of about $600. 

That's not the end of the story though.  Our friend was fired for this.  He tried and tried to talk to her about the price he needed to charge her because otherwise it would throw off the bookwork, but she was having none of it.  At any rate, since the books didn't balance that night, the store fired him (kept the extra dough, though). 

None of us have really figured out exactly how this worked but I suppose that outlet store had "higher authorities" to answer to - - - even though the entire exchange was viewable from the store security camera which clearly showed him trying to explain the situation to her.  Finally, you can see his exasperation and how he just gave up.

Spoiler:  He went down the street and got a job at Foot Locker!  TAKE THAT PAYLESS!!

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/a-word-on-the-voting-demographics/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera