My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2017 9:15 pm  #1

Statistics not included

More than 350,000 nursing home patients die YEARLY because of bad reactions to drugs because they are given the drugs and then left unattended.  I can verify this on a personal level.  And what's worse, these are the STATISTICS NOT INCLUDED in the overall number of prescription drug deaths in the USA every single year.  And we wonder why NO ONE wants to go to a nursing home........

According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), meanwhile, more than 2 million serious adverse drug reactions (ADRs) occur every year in the U.S, leading to 100,000 deaths. ADRs are actually the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S., causing more deaths than pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia and accidents, including car accidents.3What’s more, these ADR statistics do not include the ADRs that occur among ambulatory (i.e., non-bedridden) patients, or those in nursing homes, the latter of which is estimated to be 350,000 yearly. The FDA calls ADRs “a significant public health problem that is, for the most part, preventable, noting that costs associated with ADRs are $136 billion a year, which is more than the total costs relating to cardiovascular or diabetic care.

http://www.thevaccinereaction.org/2017/08/americans-are-on-more-drugs-than-ever/#comment-130347

My Mom was amongst those who were ALLOWED to die in a nursing home because she was being given an antibiotic she was proven to be allergic to (by multiple trips to the ER, i.e., due to adverse reactions my family members witnessed) and yet they continued to give her this drug even after I, as her appointed Health Care POA, literally ordered them to stop giving it to her.  The story is longer and more complicated than that, but you get the drift.  If I hadn't been in shock about this for so long, I would have/really should have sued the nursing home corporation for this gross misappropriation of authority, not to mention pure out-and-out neglect. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera