My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2017 9:10 pm  #1

Great Lakes algae blooms

I've never been a fan of "green powdered drinks" (ewwwwwwwww) and this is a big reason why. 

The blooms of decades past were fueled largely by decrepit sewage systems that spewed nutrient-rich human waste into the world’s largest body of fresh surface water. The modern remake, by contrast, is the handiwork of corporate agriculture.

But this isn't a movie and we can't do a re-make or re-take.  We can't go into rewind either.  We need to do away with an EPA who is allowing this kind of shit to happen anywhere in the USA.  They're allowing it to happen EVERYWHERE in the USA.  The dimwit league.

America farmers now have absolute GLUTS of corn and soy, but they've ruined lakes, streams, rivers, etc., and it seems no one was paying attention until now??  The dimwit league (read: EPA) knew about this, they just did nothing about it.  It's the blue-green algae that "health nuts" are after and they are going to be paying a price for what they think is a health food.  Did I say ewwwwwww already?   

http://grist.org/food/toxic-green-slime-has-taken-over-the-lakes-of-america-again/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera