My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2018 8:55 pm  #1

30 best B & I potato recipe ideas

This list of recipes doesn't include the way I make mashed potatoes, and I'm sorry about that because it's the way I've been making them myself for 45 years, it's the way my Mom and both of my Gram's made them, too, and believe me, it can't be topped.  Potatoes are one of my favorite dishes, by far.

Peel, cube and boil your red potatoes with just enough water to cover the potatoes.  Once they begin to boil, turn down the heat and set the kettle lid kittywampus on the kettle to allow just enough steam to escape so that the water doesn't boil over.

Add 2 small bay leaves to the potatoes right before you begin to boil them.

After they are boiled and ready to mash, add REAL butter (not margarine, oh please, not margarine or any other "butter substitute") and mash a little, put the cover on the kettle and let set for a couple of minutes to give the butter time to melt. Also remove the bay leaves at this time.

Finish mashing them and add just a touch of cream or half n' half until they are the right consistency (not too thick, but not runny and thin, either).  At this point sprinkle in just a touch of nutmeg, a couple of generous pinches of sea salt, and a very large pinch of black pepper.  Stir with the masher until everything is well combined, cover with the lid again, and let set until ready to serve.  The flavors will meld together and it's wonderful.

That's my recipe!

Here are 30 more ideas.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/best-potato-recipes-434835

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera