My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2017 8:04 pm  #1

Onion soup for help with common colds

This recipe was posted at another forum by my friend JFH way back in 2009, and I'm sure he won't mind if I share. I'm not sure about the claim of tomatoes being the highest thing in vitamin C (I thought lemons held that esteem) but nevertheless, this soup is helpful, nutritious and simple to make if you aren't feeling well. I might add just a dash of sea salt (for the minerals/electrolytes), otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

= = = = = = = = = = =

Onion soup contains the most absorbable vitamin C there is; even if you have a low PH (acid).

This is an onion soup recipe that will help combat the common cold:

Take: 1/2 cup (diced or sliced) white onion
1/2 cup (diced or sliced) red onion

Sauté the onions in lots of butter (probably about 3 TBSP) and add 1½ cups of tomato juice.
Simmer for 5 minutes and eat it hot.

In many cases of colds and flu, the body’s PH has slipped and the Vitamin C cannot be readily absorbed. The onion soup changes the body’s PH so that Vitamin C can work once again.

Onions thin the blood and have a high content of Vitamin C, sulphur and potassium. The smaller onions, particularly the red and green varieties, contain a greater amount of Vitamin C and beta carotene.

Tomatoes are the leading source of naturally occurring Vitamin C. They can be consumed in several different forms such as raw tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato juice.

Remember, never refrigerate tomatoes.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera