My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2018 9:54 pm  #1

Globalists reward wealth, not work

Some staggering statistics.  They forgot to mention that some of these billionaires are CONgresspeople, which is why people like Piglosi and Chucky have no clue about what the American worker really wants or needs.  And they don't care about the american workers, clearly.  It's sickening.

". . . the global economy enables a wealthy elite to accumulate vast fortunes while hundreds of millions of people are struggling to survive on poverty pay.

• Billionaire wealth has risen by an annual average of 13 percent since 2010 – six times faster than the wages of ordinary workers, which have risen by a yearly average of just 2 percent. The number of billionaires rose at an unprecedented rate of one every two days between March 2016 and March 2017.
  • It takes just four days for a CEO from one of the top five global fashion brands to earn what a Bangladeshi garment worker will earn in her lifetime. In the US, it takes slightly over one working day for a CEO to earn what an ordinary worker makes in a year.
  • It would cost $2.2 billion a year to increase the wages of all 2.5 million Vietnamese garment workers to a living wage. This is about a third of the amount paid out to wealthy shareholders by the top 5 companies in the garment sector in 2016.

Oxfam’s report outlines the key factors driving up rewards for shareholders and corporate bosses at the expense of workers’ pay and conditions. These include the erosion of workers’ rights; the excessive influence of big business over government policy-making; and the relentless corporate drive to minimize costs in order to maximize returns to shareholders.

Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of Oxfam International said:
“The billionaire boom is not a sign of a thriving economy but a symptom of a failing economic system. The people who make our clothes, assemble our phones and grow our food are being exploited to ensure a steady supply of cheap goods, and swell the profits of corporations and billionaire investors.

Women workers often find themselves [off?] at the bottom of the heap." 
(MINE: I don't know why the word "off" was in there for sure!)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/richest-one-percent-bagged-82-percent-of-wealth-created-last-year-poorest-half-of-humanity-got-nothing/5626929

This also ensures a glut of cheap foods, as we've seen for the past 25 years.  Cheap food is bad food IMO.  Whenever I see people in the grocery lines buying boxed "dinners" etc, I wonder why they don't just buy the newest dog food line, because they seem to be putting more effort into making healthy dog foods than they do into make healthy food for people.  Shop around the outside edges of the store, where you find the fresh and frozen produce.  The center aisles of a grocery store contain cheap boxed/canned crap that no one should be consuming.  Yes, produce prices are high - but healthcare prices are even higher and getting moreso all the time.  You have to weigh one against the other, I guess.  Pay now or suffer later.  It's and old cliche but a true one.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera