My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2017 11:15 pm  #1

Safer than an aspirin a day

NO ONE should be taking an aspirin a day. That is sheer madness. My DH has/had two brothers who totally and faithfully believed in taking an aspirin a day - for YEARS they did this. One is now dead from pancreatic cancer. The other was in the hospital last year for almost 6 months with, guess what? Pancreatic problems, not yet cancer but it probably will be. The worst part is, his doctor never even mentioned that he should stop the aspirin lunacy, so he's STILL taking it. Can you believe that? Before my first sister died in 2006, she was in the hospital with severe pancreatic issues which I'm sure came from the aspirin madness. ALL of those people had gastric issues constantly, too. No one will ever convince me that the aspirin wasn't the culprit.

So when I saw this today, I had to share. I've read about it before but sorta forgot about it once I posted it (wherever that was!).

This e-health newsletter came to my inbox but didn't have an attached link to use. I checked at their web site but it probably won't show up there for a day or so. But I wanted to share the information while it was fresh in my mind to do so, so I'm copying the info here. When and if I can find a link, I'll post it.

= == = = = = = === = === ==

Nature’s “Aspirin” Prevents Heart Attacks and Strokes Without the Side Effects

Americans buy more than 44 million packages of aspirin a year to try and ward off heart attacks and strokes.

But that daily aspirin may be doing more harm than good. Sure, aspirin acts as a blood thinner. But it also strips away the stomach lining, causing ulcers and bleeding. And if ulcers aren’t bad enough, bleeding can occur inside the brain, resulting in death.

If you are one of the millions worried about having a heart attack there’s another alternative. Minus the bleeding, ulcers, and death.

New research from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) found a natural alternative. Even the FDA deemed it safe and effective. So safe and effective, that they want it for themselves.

Dr. Robert Flaumenhaft, a professor at Harvard Medical School, led the study. His group of researchers administered this natural supplement orally to rats. And they discovered that this natural cure had anti-thrombotic properties.

Thrombosis is commonly known as a blood clot. Clots block blood flow to the brain and to the heart. This leads to heart attack and/or stroke.

Researchers tested over 5,000 compounds and this particular one proved to be the most potent.

What is this life-saving compound?

Rutin.

Maybe you’ve never heard of it. But rutin is a flavonoid that proves the old adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” It can be found in many fruits and vegetables including onions, citrus fruits, and—you guessed it—apples. You can also buy it in supplement form.

And it does more good than any of those dangerous drugs…

Because rutin not only proved to prevent arterial clots. But it also showed effectiveness in preventing venous clots. Those can cause deep-vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms. Anti-clotting drugs such as aspirin, Plavix, and Coumadin only target one type of clotting.

“A safe and inexpensive drug that could reduce recurrent clots could help save thousands of lives,” said Dr. Flaumenhaft.

And rutin may just be the answer.

This isn’t the first study that has shown its effects on the body’s blood flow in veins.

In another study, published in the journal Minerva Cardioangiologica, researchers studied how rutin benefits people suffering from chronic venous insufficiency (CVI). CVI is when leg veins cannot pump enough blood back to the heart. It results in varicose veins, ankle swelling and leg cramping.

Researchers gave 30 patients with CVI a combination of rutin and other supplements including vitamin E. After just 30 days patients showed improvement.

What’s next for rutin?

Researchers still have to conduct clinical trials on humans. Since the FDA has already said rutin is safe, tests on humans can begin without the time and expense to establish the safety of a new drug.

But if you’re interested in this supplement, you may want to hurry and stock up.

The FDA has its sights set on it. This compound is so effective, the FDA wants to make it an approved drug. That would ban it as a supplement. You’d need a prescription to get it. And chances are, it’s going to cost a heck of a lot more too.

But you don’t have to wait for the FDA. Rutin is safe. So skip the aspirin and deathly side effects.

In Good Health,

Angela Salerno
Publisher, INH Health Watch

= = = = = = = = = = =

I also found this article at their web site, which sorta ties in with the above message. It's from last year.
https://www.institutefornaturalhealing.com/2016/02/daily-aspirin-heart-myth-exposed/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 6, 2017 11:20 pm  #2

Re: Safer than an aspirin a day

Also found this info on rutin (which I'm transferring over from my old forum):

This sentence doesn't make sense to me: "As mentioned before, rutin can be found in a number of fruits, vegetables, and plants but to get the true health benefits, it should never be taken with food."

Huh?? It's in foods but we aren't supposed to take it with food? I think Jon is just trying to sell his probiotic enzyme junk.

This article has a lot of good information in it, but I'm not at all suggesting you buy his products, just that you know what rutin is good for. Some of the stuff is pretty big when it comes to your health. But rutin is available from other vendors, for sure.

https://jonbarron.org/herbal-library/nutraceuticals/rutin

I ordered 500 mg tablets from Solgar for me and my DH to start taking as soon as they arrive. I have also recommended this supplement to a few friends who have trouble with varicose veins, osteo, etc.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera