My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2017 2:46 am  #1

Zinc & BP - I still don't have answers to my questions

After 10 years, I'm not getting the answers from doctors, either.  These articles are written with the best of intentions but they fail to address one salient point  - - - yes you can keep track of your own blood pressure at home, you can write it down, etc., but I've done this multiple times, to prove to my doctor, and now my new doctor, that I have white coat syndrome - - - but at home my BP is completely normal.  They act as though they do not hear or do not believe me or my written info.  If my BP was as high at home ALL THE TIME as it is in the doctor's office, I'd have been dead a long time ago, if blood pressure was really the issue they claim it is.  I mean, I understand that high blood pressure is not a good thing, but it is not a static thing either.  BP changes from minute to minute so HOW IN THE WORLD can anyone "control" their pressure with anywhere from 1 to 4 different drugs???  I mean, really, who would be stupid enough to take that much stuff, when in fact lifestyle changes and alternative treatments (like beet root powder,  exercise like walking,  etc)  can be very helpful in lowering blood pressure.  Doctors rarely offer you that option.  They just talk about more and more pills to help you achieve an elusive number that may or may not mean a damned thing.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/11/bill-sardi/american-heart-association-categorically-expands-the-number-of-americans-considered-to-be-hypertensive/

I recently had to switch doctors because the family physician we've had for nearly 30 years does not (anymore) accept medicare patients.  I don't even WANT medicare when I turn 65 next year, but apparently you get it whether you want it or not.  I really don't understand how it works because, as I indicated, I'm not really interested in it and if I'm not interested in something, I don't "study" it very much.   It's just another racket because if you don't buy "supplemental" insurance to help pay what medicare doesn't cover, you're basically NOT covered.  So, in other words, you still need to cater to the insurance industry.  Imagine that!

I don't care.  I will pay for my own care, and if I can't pay for it, let them take my house or whatever they think they need to "equal" the cost of my care or my life.  See, THAT'S what makes it a stupid program from start to finish. 

Anyway, this article on BP answers some questions, just not the ones I wanted answered Bill claims he's coming out with a companion article to this one, but I've followed him online for a while now and sometimes he doesn't post a "new" article for more than 6 months.  That, I'm afraid, won't help me.

If the doctors aren't going to believe what you tell them, then what??  I don't have time to "doctor shop" because in order for me to do that I have to close up my entire business for a day here and a day there to go to different appointments - which is stupid.  People depend on me to be here to watch their babies so THEY can go to work.  This leaves me no time to take care of myself, basically, because doctors offices aren't open on weekends, and mores the pity.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 30, 2017 7:20 am  #2

Re: Zinc & BP - I still don't have answers to my questions

This is the continuation of Bill Sardi's last article (in the post above) and it's loaded with good information.  Imagine my surprise when this article came out only 2 days after his first article.  That has to be a record of some kind for Bill Sardi, my friends. 

Nevertheless, read and learn!  There is some very important information here about zinc and zinc/copper, both of which my DH and I take but had no idea it was supposed to benefit blood pressure. 

"Efforts to truly prevent salt-induce hypertension via adherence to sodium-restricted diets have been disappointing. It appears food fortification with zinc could erase much of the risk of hypertension.  This idea is not on the drawing board by public health authorities.  For now, hypertension will remain a malady that is treated, for all practical purposes, as a drug deficiency.There are two ways a shortage of zinc produces hypertension."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/11/bill-sardi/the-hidden-mineral-deficiency-that-induces-hypertension/

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 1, 2017 3:30 am  #3

Same article, sort of, but at his own web site, and there are a few things that are different about it.  It's quite long, I'll warn you ahead of time, but if you want really good information on BP control and the use of zinc, I'd read it all if I were you, ever if it took me DAYS to finish reading!

http://knowledgeofhealth.com/the-hidden-mineral-deficiency-that-induces-hypertension/#more-1681

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 2, 2017 1:51 am  #4

Here is an article in direct opposition to what Bill Sardi has to say about copper.  I remembered, from years ago when I was on the Fat Flush program at its inception, that Ann Louise was a fan of copper, especially for women of a certain age.  Here's her take on copper and why we need trace amounts of it. 

http://annlouise.com/2015/01/28/the-copper-conundrum/

Opinioin??

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera