My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2017 7:47 pm  #1

Why do they do this?

I have signed up for several different online health things that sounded interesting and informative.  Chris Wark, Jonathan Landsman, The Sacred (something) - - - all of them turn out to be mostly a big commercial thing for THEIR products.  The only ones I've ever watched that really didn't do all that "selling" were the two series' by Ty Bollinger, TTAC and TTAV (The Truth About Cancer, The Truth About Vaccines). 

It makes me angry, too, that they are all pushing things like gluten-free, most of them are still "dairy free and fat free" meaning it's all fruit and veggies and I don't want to be a vegetarian and neither does my husband.  I could NEVER get him to eat that way.  And we are NOT - I repeat NOT - ever going to make juicing the biggest part of our lives.  We don't even care much for smoothies much less drinking juice all day long.  Besides, here where we live, it would be outrageously expensive to use organic fruit to juice with, and most of it then is wasted.  If I'm going to eat fruit, I'll just EAT FRUIT.

I have some pre-determined ideas about what I will and won't do because I'm very stubborn but if you wanna see stubborn you haven't met my husband.  Whhooo.  Now there's a case of the stubborns.   

I'm sick and tired of being duped by these things.  Sooooo, I probably won't be signing up for any more of them anytime soon.  What's really annoying is that while I'm reading away on one of their articles, all of a sudden a voice comes booming out of my computer and scares the hell out of me.  I don't WANT someone's voice to start talking to me.  If I did, I'd sign up for talk shows. 

These things are just never what they seem to be.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

September 18, 2017 8:18 pm  #2

Re: Why do they do this?

Hmmm, I hafta take it back about TTAC/TTAV.  When I got done writing the above post, I went back to my email and lo and behold here was a message from Ty Bollinger - hawking essential oils. 

I give up.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera