My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2019 10:29 pm  #1

Fear mongering in action

This is very short reading (unless you read the initial story underlined in blue) and it's one of those things that's funny but it's not . . .

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/fearmongering-keeps-people-stupid/

Karen is right.  Everyone in America is "programmed" to LOOK for fear wherever you can find it.  The TV scares people all day long that if they aren't "connected" to some techno gadget, they're in *danger*.  Old people are afraid because they "need" to have a 5-Star gadget on their phone in case they fall or whatever, and home security packages are blared across the screen 24/7.  Yet, our gubmint assures us that we're safe from all the weirdo's crossing the border at record speed, we're safe from criminals because they (the gubmint) are trying to take our gun rights away so we won't scare the burglars and make them shoot us before they steal from us etc etc etc until you want to take that TV and smash it to bits.

But it isn't really the fault of the advertisers or the TV stations.  It's our own fault, as humans.  We believe every stupid silly ridiculous thing we hear coming from that dumb black box.  You have to learn to pick your battles in this world and NOT believing everything is a good place to start.  At least don't believe that everything in America is horrible and deadly and scary.  The fact that we're being spied on by our own country's businesses is what's scary.

Stay off fakebook et al.  Don't buy one of those things that ALERTS someone when you fall down, for God's sake - -  you hafta wonder how it knew when you fell down, right? Well, it's spying on you, that's how.  Anything with the word SMART in it is doing that and the knowledge about that didn't come from the TV (too bad they don't talk about the truthful things to be afraid of).  I've been trying for the past decade to get rid of the smart meter that was installed, without our knowledge or permission, by our electric company, but to no avail.  I will never knowingly own a smart device of any kind. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera