My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2019 6:40 am  #1

What to do about loss of sense of taste and smell?

About 3 weeks ago I started to lose my sense of smell.  Then about 2 days after that I started to lose my sense of taste.  Now we are nearly 3 weeks down the road and I still have neither.  This is starting to worry me because I do not have a cold or a plugged nose (for a change!).  Usually this time of year I'm sick during December and early January (usually my day care kiddo's bring me stuff, especially if they have sibling who are school aged) but I'm not a bit sick in any way.  I have absolutely no idea or explanation for why this is happening and it's actually kinda scary.

I've been taking zinc 50 mg for 2 weeks already and not a hint of improvement.  I'm going to try a couple of thing off this list (I think I'll do the vinegar one and the cinnamon one).  I might try others if neither of those do anything, and will keep taking the zinc.  The article is puzzling to me because they tell you not to take zinc without talking to your doctor!!!!! OMG.  There's zinc in all kinds of food and I don't ask my "doctor" about that before I eat.  Good grief, some of these articles are just over the top cautious. 

https://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-loss-of-smell-and-taste.html

If anyone here has any ideas or suggestions I'd truly appreciate any input.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera