My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2018 8:33 pm  #1

I'm sick of it

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm so sick of all this "racist crap talk" I could scream.

Short and sweet, here it is:  IMPO, as long as anyone is using color of any kind in their daily speech, THEY'RE the ones who are racist.  Calling persistent attention to color is what's making this country totally racist and it needs to stop.

Most people don't even see color anymore and don't care, either.  It's actually been that way for quite a long time.  When I was in Jr. High (now called middle school I guess) in SoCal back in the late 1960's, my best friend was blacker than the ace of spades, and I's a little white girl.

It made no difference to either of us what color we were.  We were friends because we were friends.....we didn't need a reason.  We had a couple of classes together, we had lunch hour at the same time yada yada so eventually we just ended up being friends because we were exposed to each other throughout the day.  Neither of us ever brought up color that I can recall in the 3 years of our friendship in school and the 35 years of our friendship since we've been out of school.  We lost touch a couple of times over the years and then managed to find each other again.  And, believe it or not, it WASN'T THROUGH anything technological unless you call an old-fashioned landline telephone a newfangled techno gizmo.  Neither of us is on facebook or any of the other social junk out there that most people would think we used to find each other after a few years.  No.  We found each other by picking up a telephone (not a smart phone or an ipad or whatever) and making a few calls.

So we need to stop with the racist crap, as well as the feminist crap.  I didn't like the feminist talk back in the 60's and 70's and I still don't like it.  Women are women and men are men, we are NOT equal and were never meant to be equal.  That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's different, ok?  

Geez, this country needs to get a grip and stop talking trash. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera