My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2018 7:21 pm  #61

Re: What causes heart disease?

Here's an article from Health Impact News featuring the work done by Dr. Kendrick and his fellows at THINCS.

I've been telling people for years that LDL and HDL and all that stuff doesn't really mean diddly but the information has been so engrained into people's conscious awareness since the 1970's that it is very hard to break the mold of their thinking.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2018/network-of-cholesterol-skeptics-researchers-abandon-the-ldl-cholesterol-theory-of-heart-disease-and-look-at-more-important-risk-factors/

As a side story, my DH goes in to see his doctor once a year for a flight physical (he flies small craft planes, etc) and about 2 years ago that doctor wanted to put him on a statin drug which I questioned at the time because his cholesterol numbers were good as far as I was concerned but high for what the doctor thought they should be, nevermind that my DH is one of the healthiest men I know.  The doctor also knows he's healthy but I think was testing him.  At any rate when DH was in for his flight physical this year the doctor proclaimed what a wonderful job the statins were doing at controlling his lipid levels, etc.  We almost laughed in his face because DH has never filled the script for the statins.  Don't these doctors realize or check records about refills??  He had no idea that DH wasn't taking those damn statins and we didn't tell him, either.  That just goes to show you what a crock they are.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

October 13, 2018 11:21 am  #62

Re: What causes heart disease?

Here's part 57 of the continuing series.  This one is again touching on the issue of high blood pressure.

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2018/10/11/what-causes-heart-disease-part-57/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera