My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2018 3:32 am  #1

Laura Ingalls Wilder was a racist???

Oh.

My.

God.

Now I've heard everything.  But then again stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/association-removes-laura-ingalls-wilders-name-from-award/

Quote from the article:

"Earlier this year in a diatribe condemning Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House books before the American Booksellers Association Winter Institute in Memphis a Pulitzer Prize-Winner Claims ‘Super-White’ Children’s Books Ruined His Youth.

The speech was directed against “white people, white supremacist racists,” and their enablers. It focused especially on authors and publishers Díaz considers to be responsible for the “erasure” of young minority readers by their “relentless, underlying whiteness.” In an embarrassing moment for publishing and bookselling, he received a standing ovation.

This rant by the controversial author Junot Diaz (who was recently accused of several instances of sexual misconduct) before an audience of publishing professionals, booksellers, and librarians perhaps provided the spark that ignited in the award’s name change inferno."

In this "rant" by Junot Diaz he displays his enormous ignorance.  Negroes had nothing to do with American History until the civil war, as far as fighting Indians, etc.  There were a few mentioned throughout history, like the big black guy who was Clark's personal servant (the Clark from Lewis & Clark) who comes to mind, but he did not "fight" Indians and he wasn't mentioned in the Wilder books.  Neither were Horse Soldiers mentioned in her books, but they existed and they did fight battles.  But the settling of America was essentially a "white movement" and no amount of bitching and griping by this Diaz is going to change the reality of our history.  Maybe he could re-write history so it fits his progressive narrative and then he'd be happier while he's performing his sexual misconduct?

This is what's wrong in America today.  EVERYONE with a perceived ax to grind wants to re-write history so that the children of today will not know the truth.  Schools have been misleading students about the history of America for a long time, however, so this is just fuel to the fire if you ask me.

Last edited by Debrah (June 26, 2018 4:53 am)

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 29, 2018 7:35 pm  #2

Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder was a racist???

Here's another review of the removal of the Laura Ingalls Wilder HISTORY TELLING BOOKS.  Democrats don't want you to know history the way it really was, I guess.  They only want you to know their Orwellian version.  That's basically what schoolkids have been getting for about 60 years anyway, but not quite as blatantly as now.  How very sad that true history has to be hidden because of a few snobs from the democreep party.  Instead of learning true history (the way it really happened, not glorified) they'd rather mess around with little kids in a pedophilic manner.  That's more upstanding than having kids learn true history, I suppose, in their eyes.  Democrats are creepy snobs.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/06/no_author/little-house-on-the-orwellian-prairie/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera