My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2018 12:40 am  #1

My crazy weather

We are on a definite summer merry-go-round.  We've had pretty cool weather so far this year with the rare exception of a few hot days.  On Monday and Tuesday this week I was wearing my sweater in the house.  But today is 102 and it's only 1:00 p.m.  Yikes!     Then by Sunday (Father's Day) we are going to be back down into the lower 60's and it sounds like there's a lot of rain coming up starting tomorrow.  I've had the de-humidifier running several days in a row and then turned it off a couple of days ago.  If the rain comes, the dehumidifier will have to go back to work.     We're only halfway through June and I'm already wishing for October!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 19, 2018 4:45 am  #2

Re: My crazy weather

Rain started on Saturday evening and hasn't stopped since.  Been rainin' like a cow peein' on a flat rock.

I don't have any local totals yet but I'd say it's rained at least 1 1/2 inches since it started, been a pouring rain at times and then a drizzle and then misty fog and then back to a hard rain.  It was only 55 for a high today and if it had been just 15 or 20 degrees cooler this would be snow.  I actually considered turning on the furnace, and last Thursday we had the A/C running all day long for the first time all year.  This is pretty crazy.

There are flash flood warnings out for my area as well as the eastern end of WY.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera