My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2023 10:35 pm  #1

Have you ever eaten acorns or other wild nuts?

Some of them are delicious,  This article points them out, and has many hints for you to follow.  Great info here:

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/can-you-eat-acorns-heres-the-best-method

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

October 11, 2023 10:44 pm  #2

Re: Have you ever eaten acorns or other wild nuts?

The people who live across the street from me have a walnut tree in their front yard, which keeps the squirrels busy from about mid-summer to the first snowfall.  But squirrels are dumb.  They bury the walnuts in MY backyard and then they cannot find them again!  So they dig up my whole backyard looking for them.  It makes little bumps all over the grassy area of the backyard and it's hard to walk upright back there.  It hasn't stopped the deer from invading my yard for the past 3 weeks, however.  It's about half scary to go outside to the mailbox.  There has, so far been 1 large buck and 3 of 4 small to medium sized doe's.  They're beautiful but they do not like to be surprised and neither do I.

I'll be kinda glad when the snow flies because that way I'll be able to see their tracks and have at least half an idea where they might be hiding.  They have pooped all over my driveway and sidewalk to the front door.  What a mess.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera