My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2023 11:17 pm  #1

Weather: What is that mysterious ring?

Around the moon.  Here's the whole backstory.   I've been a "moonwatcher" ever since I was a little girl and my Dad would take me out to the back porch door and show me the moon in all it's stages.  It was our nightly "after ranching" time together when I was quite small.  As I got older and had my own children, I did that with them and they still recall it, too, because we've talked about it.  They thought it was inconsequential at the time, sort of, but they are fascinated now, too.  Imagine that.  Kids have looooooong memories!  Now I'm teaching my grandbabies whenever they're here with me.

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/ring-around-the-moon-9657

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

October 1, 2023 3:44 am  #2

Re: Weather: What is that mysterious ring?

You can tell, in my area of the country, that the full Hunter's moon isn't far away.  I've had 2 bucks and 3 or 4 does running around in my yard for a couple of weeks now.  I'm about half afraid to go to the mailbox because when they're in rut, they're dangerous. Autumn is my very favorite season of the year but wow this year we've been inundated with spottings of animals coming down from the hills and hanging out in town, especially around the park areas which is dangerous because the kids play on the playground equipment and don't really pay attention to what's around them.  We also go over to the nearby park with the lake and fish, and who's watching all around you when you're fishing?  Not me, I'm watching my bobber.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/09/shine_on_harvest_moon.html

Harvest moon was last night and tonight, but the Hunter's Moon doesn't start until the end of October, which this year seems rather late.  Most years everything is right on schedule but like everything else in 2022 and 2023 things are just allllll topsey turvey.  Not even mother nature can avoid the dimwit democraps, it seems!

This is a wonderful "NATURE LESSON" for those of you who are interested. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera