My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2023 10:53 pm  #1

City Life is now Country Life: have you seen any of these in your area

https://www.westernjournal.com/massive-rare-predator-photographed-heartland-state-make-short-work-anyone-nearby/

Meanwhile, in the Poconos . . .

https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-alpha-dude-gets-souvenir-casually-bouncing-massive-party-crashing-black-bear/

In my city we're seen cougars, mountain lions, black bears (in my neighbor's back yard, no less), black snakes are stretched out across roads and bridges (ugly but not dangerous), we've seen rattlers almost as big as the black snakes. About a month ago I had a buck (4 prong horns - a big sucker) and his doe laying in my back yard every day for about a week and now I haven't seen them since.  It's scary to go to the mailbox, though, because they can be hiding in the brush (I have lots of juniper bushes along all sides of my house) and the certainly can be dangerous if they try to "rush" you. AND THEY OFTEN DO JUST THAT. These animals are coming down from the mountains and hills because their natural habitat has been disrupted by gubmint spy machines (yes there are) and there are mice everywhere.  I left my garage door open overnight recently, in order to let the cat from across the street get in and GET those mice.  And it did!  Cheap fix but now I have a mess to clean up.

The worst part is, starting next week we could actually see snow, according to the local weather reports.  Yikes.  I love snow but last year we had SOOOO  much snow I had to continuallly hire the neighbor kid to shovel and it cost me a fortune.  But this year he's in high school and has a job at a local pizzaria shop and I don't know if he will be interested in shoveling for me or not.  I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera