My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2018 4:44 am  #1

Cheap beer is still as awesome as ever!

I recently re-discovered Hamm's beer!  I thought it had not been manufactured for years, but there it was, right in the cooler at my local drugstore/liquor store (what a combo, huh?!!).  It's what my Dad used to drink, when he drank beer which was seldom.  He liked a whisky sour whenever they went out for a drink, also very rare occasion.  My Mom liked beer, but she preferred vodka gimlets.

A 24 pack of Hamm's was $10.54 of all things, so I bought it.  We sat around outside with some of our neighbors last weekend and enjoyed every single one.  Then it started to rain and it's been raining ever since.  We are six days down the road and we just had a severe thunderstorm with lots of lightning and some pretty good sized hailstones and there's another storm moving in right behind it. 

If you like beer, you'll like this article.

We like Hamm's and Miller High Life (in bottles only though, I hate cans) and my daughter and her husband have loooong been drinkers of Pabst Blue Ribbon.  They like beer in a can, eww.  Tastes like the can to me, but to each his own, I guess.  I also like my beer sometimes with a few olives in the bottom of a glass and then about 1/2 of  a small can of tomato juice, or else I pour it into a tall slim glass and add about 1 TBSP of salsa.  YUM!!  My DH likes his in a tall glass with a sprinkle of sea salt on top. 

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/why-cheap-beer-is-still-awesome-and-5-you-should-enjoy-this-summer/

I can still remember hearing the Hamm's commercials on tv back in the 1950's and 1960's.  "From the Land of Sky Blue Waters" was their motto back then.  I thought it was brewed in Wisconsin but the article in the link provided above says Minnesota.  Hmmm.  I can also remember that the commercial showed a young Indian maiden paddling a canoe, and she wasn't ugly either!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera