My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2018 5:33 am  #1

Churches should not meddle in State business

Isn't this why they have a thing called "separation of church and state"??  There should not be a Catholic Social Services.  There should not be a Lutheran Social Services.  If the churches want to *help* children, they should donate some money to DCF which is set up by our gubment to handle this sort of thing rather than being in on the process.  Besides, DCF could use the extra dough as they are always the first area of gubmint to be "cut" when funding is short.

This has been a thorn in my side for years, and I've had bold and stark conversations with our pastor about this subject many times.  He feels the same way but acts as though he doesn't have the time to "look into it".  He has a lot more time than the rest of us, that's for sure, plus he has the title. But you see, churches are, as usual, part of the problem not part of the solution.  Any time you get gubmint involved it's trouble.  And it's been real trouble for the churches but they have essentially asked for it - - and yet don't want to accept the blame.  It's downright hypocritic and that's something a church should never be, IMPO.

https://healthimpactnews.com/2018/state-funded-foster-care-and-the-church-part-of-the-problem-not-part-of-the-solution/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera