My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2018 8:43 pm  #1

They're ALL hiding something

This morning I happened to be watching a segment on Varney & Co., about the construction industry and what crane operators and pipe fitters make on a yearly basis.  Those guys are pulling down 6 figure incomes in the bigger cities in the USA because there are so few of them and it takes certification and a number of other hoops have to be jumped through before you can do these jobs.  So, Varney is interviewing this guy who is trying to explain things to the average joe (like me) and Varney keeps interrupting him (as he has a terrible habit of doing, but don't all the "news" people do the same thing?) and JUSSSST when the guy is about to say something really interesting (about how the bigger contracting firms are now going into high schools and setting up programs designed to "mentor" kids into at least thinking about doing the vo-tech training for these jobs, because there are so few qualified people doing these jobs) Varney full-of-blarney cut him off at that very moment, and asked him a question (a supremely STUPID question that had nothing at all to do with the subject they were talking about) about IMMIGRATION.  The guy kind of leaned back in his chair and looked at Varney as if to say "why the hell are you asking me about immigration when that's not even what we were discussing"???  Varney gave him 10 seconds and then had to cut to a commercial, but before which they played at least 2 minutes of some stupid song and showing all the NEW logos for the Varney show that they've been using for about a month or so now.  So the guy never got to finish talking about the subject he was there to discuss but the station had time for music and eye candy . . . and the same ad for gold that we've all seen millions of times in the past 2 years.  This is what tv "news" has devolved into, I guess.

So, let me get this correct:  the guy being interviewed was about to answer the most important part of the question he was asked, and his true reason for being on the show was supposedly to promote the construction industry, and Varney literally cut him off before he could finish speaking about the "mentoring programs" for high schools which promote technical school training after graduation, as opposed to a 4 year college which is of little use anymore . . .  does that sound to anyone else like selective programming, selective questioning, and the FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL not letting guests share their information with the public??  Cuz that's certainly the way it appeared to me.

I used to think we were at least SORT OF getting "fair and balanced news" from FOX.  But I was wrong.

Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Varney & Co., ------ all of those used to be worth watching, but now the hosts are so busy interrupting their guests, no one at home knows what was said by anyone. 

It's all a total and useless waste of time.  I will not bother to watch at all anymore.  That's it.  They just screwed the pooch as far as I'm concerned.  It's all propagandized, selected, watered-down information that really no one needs to know.  I'll just read at the alternative sites online and call it good from now on. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera