My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2018 8:26 pm  #1

Crippling obozocare

Well, we might finally be making some progress on this, the stupidest thing ever to happen to Americans.  Since our GOP "leaders" have failed us (except the President) on this issue (they had the perfect opportunity and still let us down) a couple of AG's have taken the whole mess under their wing and might be able to make some headway in getting rid of this monstrous program.  One can only hope.

This came to my email this morning so I thought I'd pass it on.  There's a few too many exclamation points in the article to suit my taste but, you know, whatever. 

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:

"In 2012, the Supreme Court barely upheld Obamacare because of the tax penalty for anyone who did not purchase the government-mandated health insurance under the individual mandate. The Supreme Court said Congress could pass Obamacare under its constitutional taxing power because of that tax penalty. Without that tax penalty, the individual mandate was unconstitutional.

But just this past December, President Trump’s tax reform bill got rid of the tax penalty!

Because the existence of that tax penalty in Obamacare was what Chief Justice Roberts used [in order]  to say Obamacare was constitutional; [but] now that it’s gone, Obamacare is no longer constitutional!"

https://mailchi.mp/senateconservatives/new-obamacare-lawsuit?e=874301c608'

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera