My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2017 8:07 pm  #1

Losing doctors

I'd be disillusioned too if I was working that hard to get through medical school and then end up not being able to help people anyway.  I would think when these students finally figure out that all they really are is pill pushers, they'd drop out of school in disgust.  I think the only ones who keep going are the ones who are in it for the money and the prestige  - which will soon be non-existent, IMPHHO.  There's no prestige in killing people especially if you know you're doing it . . .

In doctored: The Disillusionment of an American Physician, Dr. Sandeep Jauhar—a cardiologist, tells us that physicians see themselves not as the “pillars of any community” but as “technicians on an assembly line,” or “pawns in a money-making game for hospital administrators.” According to a 2012 survey, nearly eight out of 10 physicians are “somewhat pessimistic or very pessimistic about the future of the medical profession.” In 1973, 85 percent of physicians said they had no doubts about their career choice. In 2008, only 6 percent “described their morale as positive,” Jauhar reports. Doctors today are more likely to kill themselves than are members of any other professional group and now we know why.

http://drsircus.com/general/doctors-good-bad-ugly/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera