My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2019 2:16 am  #1

Talk about broken! You jist gotta see this

This is one of those things I find absolutely NO humor in when I read about it.  This is OUR taxpayer money being wasted.  Wonder if Rand Paul figured any of THIS into his annual report on waste - which is what our gubmint seems to do best.  I'm hoping that will change under the rest of Trump's administrative years in office.

Quote from article:

"A high-ranking Trump administration official wrote four days ago in the Daily Caller that the shutdown enables Trump to get rid of people like this.  As members of the Senior Executive Service, many of them can't be fired unless they're convicted of a felony, or of committing some flagrant misconduct.

This is indeed Trump's chance to "smoke out the Resistance," but he must do it carefully.  Thomas Lifson has published two columns in the American Thinker, here[/url] and [url=https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html]here, explaining that SES employees cannot be furloughed (laid off) under normal circumstances, but they can be removed during a Reduction in Force (RIF) when their positions are found to be unnecessary.

In the D.C. article, our unnamed administration official explains that roughly 80% of the federal work force in many departments, including his own, simply don't do anything.  They plan shopping trips and vacations.  They send out résumés for better-paying positions, perhaps without realizing that any new employer might expect them to actually get some work done."

Read the rest here:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/trump_puts_schumer_and_pelosi_in_a_brilliant_vise_grip.html

This is a great article, BTW.  Truly terrific reading unless you have high blood pressure  . . . . .

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera