My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2018 11:42 pm  #1

Fasting

I'm doing the intermittent fasting.  I want to see if it helps rebalance my hormones, which I've been having issues with since I was about 53 years old.  I struggle to keep my weight in check for the past two years, so the fasting is giving me another tool for my box! Had good luck with it this summer and early fall, but just before Thanksgiving I kinda fell off the wagon so now I'm off fasting until the new year, then I'll start up again.  It's actually quite easy to do and has simplified my life in various ways (you can read about them in the article, towards the bottom where it explains benefits). 

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/12/30/complete-guide-fasting.aspx

I eat one "big meal" which for me isn't exactly big, at about noon, then I eat a small meal about 5-6 in the afternoon.  When I'm done with that afternoon meal, I start my fast and don't eat again until noon the following day.  That gives me 18 hours daily of fasting, almost half of which are done while I'm sleeping!  I still drink my coffee with just a dash of REAL butter (no margarine or substitutes allowed here) and coconut oil mixture in it.  No more than 2 cups in the morning, the rest of the day I drink my water (necessary because of my Sjogren's).

We have a friend who is diabetic who really wants to try this but we cannot find a doctor in town to help him, as far as his meds are concerned, and I'm not comfortable having him try this without supervision.  When my naturopathic doctor returns after his Christmas vacation, we're going to do a consult with him and I'm sure he'll be able to help.  It will be exciting for him to try anyway.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera