My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2018 1:23 am  #1

Overdiagnosed

This is next on my list of reading material, but it will probably have to wait until after Christmas.

https://www.amazon.com/Overdiagnosed-Making-People-Pursuit-Health-ebook/dp/B004C43EW6/ref=pd_sim_351_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004C43EW6&pd_rd_r=33c56ad6-f991-11e8-bdbb-a1d7abf94cea&pd_rd_w=DOTLp&pd_rd_wg=8w6kB&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=S448YP88AZ3V1BJPP0ZX&psc=1&refRID=S448YP88AZ3V1BJPP0ZX

I have believed this is true for a long time.  I also believe that people who are "diagnosed" with severe illnesses such as cancer or diabetes should get more than one opinion, although with today's medical records being instantly posted to the internet, it probably does no good because the doctors know your "medical history" before you even get to their office.  It used to be you could shop around for a second opinion on something, where you went in without saying a word about what you suspected was wrong, and the second doctor either found something - - or not - - if there wasn't anything to find.

After all, people who aren't diagnosed with something are rarely treated with Rx drugs or lifelong pills and where's the fun in that for a doctor . . .

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera