My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2018 11:41 pm  #1

It cost how much???

This is an article by Thomas DiLorenzo from the Lew Rockwell site, dated today.  If you think we always got the truth from Dub-Ya, raise your hand."President George Dub-Yuh Bush fired his top economic advisor, Lawrence Lindsay, after Lindsay told him that the cost of his War on Terra (as Dub-Yuh pronounced it) would likely be in the $100 billion range.  The Bush administration then revised its estimate of the costs of the War on Terra to be more like $50-60 billion.  News reports at the time said that Dick Cheney himself, uber neocon warmonger extraordinaire, personally fired Lindsay.Now along comes the latest estimate of the cost of the War on Terra which puts it at $5.9 trillion."

And now WY elected Cheney's daughter (Liz), of all things, to the House.  OMG.  Well, at least she's a republican, that's something I guess, but I hope she doesn't take after her father in any other way (politically speaking, of course). 

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, the USA spent (doesn't include daily costs since this latest estimate) 5.9 TRILLION dollars fighting the war on terror - - - do YOU feel more safe now than you did 20 years ago?  I sure as hell don't, not by any measure.https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/lying-to-the-public-about-the-costs-of-war/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera