My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2024 2:51 am  #1

City, Country Life: There have been other bridge collapses

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 30, 2024 8:17 pm  #2

Re: City, Country Life: There have been other bridge collapses

AND no one asked me but I'm gonna say it anyway.  WHY on earth should we have to spend FEDERAL DOLLARS on something this shipping company should be liable for??????? HUH???  Someone please tell me this is just a joke.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2945725/congress-weighs-federal-dollars-baltimore-bridge-collapse/

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 30, 2024 8:29 pm  #3

Re: City, Country Life: There have been other bridge collapses

Oh yes sir, they will definitely attach it to another bill so they can squeeze money out of the people of America.  What a bunch of goddamned crooks.  **(I still don't believe this was an "ACCIDENT").

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT POST ABOVE THIS ONE:

"Given the House Appropriations Committee handles Congress’s coffers, any funding bill likely would have to go through Cole’s subcommittee.

Sometimes it takes a while, and you want to be very sure that you really do include everything,” the congressman said when asked about a timeline. “So it would probably be a matter of weeks.

“A lot of this depends on, you know, do you want to attach it to something else, or do you want it to stand alone?” Cole continued . . . "

Oh, they'll make sure it includes EVERYTHING, all right.  I thought the new Speaker was gonna set things up so that one bill could never be attached to another bill that would load it up with a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with whatever it was the funding was supposed to be for?  Guess that dood isn't really doing his GODLY job, either.  He can preach to the rest of us but we can all see he practices the same "religion" as all the other politicians.  And here I thought he was a good guy.  Yeah, sure he is....

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera