My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2024 7:58 am  #1

Moose Milk (kinda similar to eggnog)

Oooooh, is this stuff good.  We had a party this weekend at my youngest son's mother and father-in-law's home to welcome home some very good friends of ALL of ours (when my husband was still alive they were very good friends of ours, too, so it worked out great).  In fact, I think those people are probably the ones who got my son and his now wife together - - and now 11 kids later . . . Yikes. 

You hafta scroll down about halfway through the recipe at the link below to find the recipe used by my son's in-laws, and their version was not as "boozy" as the recipe makes it sound because I had several wineglasses full of the stuff and didn't get the least bit tipsy, but my son added more Irish Whiskey to his glass and it didn't take long for his words to start slurring!  NOBODY DROVE HOME THAT NIGHT!!  We camped out on the living room floor with blankets and sleeping bags and no pillows.  It's hard for me to sleep without pillows.  But we managed.  I was glad to get home though.  My neck had a crick in it for 2 days !!

Now I gotta try making some of this stuff myself.  And that little extra dash of nutmeg really sets off the flavor of this stuff.  It's kinda like eggnog but then again it's not - - it's very white which I'm sure is why they called it Moose MILK.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-is-moose-milk-canadian-holiday-cocktail

It would appear there are a few different ways you can make it but I preferred the one made with Irish (Jameson) whiskey.  Every time we took drinks out of our glasses, we had white mustaches and looked like Santa Clauses! Not a red suit in sight, however.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 28, 2024 8:09 am  #2

Re: Moose Milk (kinda similar to eggnog)

Here is a link with a few more recipes.  There is one on there that almost looks like chocolate, and I'm sure it could be made with chocolate ice cream (I prefer that to using raw eggs in a drink), or even with neopolitan ice cream.  Now THAT would be worth experimenting with !!!

https://onthegas.org/drink/moose-milk/

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 28, 2024 8:58 am  #3

Here is some more information I found on booze.  This is actually quite interesting reading, even if you never use any of the hints and ideas put forth.  Wow, there is a whole world of booze out there I knew not much about !!

https://onthegas.org/what-is-pernod/

You gotta read all the way to the bottom in order to get all the information.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 28, 2024 9:06 am  #4

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera