My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2024 10:34 pm  #1

One of my favorites from way back

You gotta be MY age to remember this show but it was one of my favorites when I was growing up.  On Saturday nights when, after our baths, Mom would tie our long hair in rags so it would be curly the next day and we'd all watch this show and a few others from the way back machine.  I never understood why I had to have my hair tied in rags because it was naturally curly and I didn't really NEED any "extra" curl, that's for darned sure. It's still naturally curly, thank God, although now I wear it short.  Gonna let it grow out long again though because the last time I had it cut the lady who did the cutting at the salon made a horrid mess of it, so I'm just gonna let it grow.  It stays curly even as it gets long, I'm lucky that way.  I guess it's more wavy than curly, actually.  Anyway, I like it better long anyway because then I can wear it in a pony tail or a braid or whatever.  I LOVE french braids but cannot do that without a hair stylist.  I've tried but I just can't do it.  Some of the hairstyles from the Honeymooners fit right in with what's popular now, so I guess we're kinda ALL in the way back machine. 

I was saddened to read about this.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-honeymooners-actress-joyce-randolph-died-99-played-ed-nortons-wife-trixie/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera