My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2023 5:15 am  #1

Rand Paul forces vote

This is scary.  In less than 90 days this current assministration spent the USA into a TRILLION more dollars of debt.  IN LESS THAN 90 DAYS, mind you. 

Hopefully no more of this will go on.  See below.  I had to C&P because there was no link.

"Dr. Rand Paul Forces Senate Vote on Conservative Amendment Saving Taxpayers Billions Last week, I forced the U.S. Senate to vote on my conservative amendment to the U.S. House of Representatives’ short-term spending bill. My amendment would have saved American taxpayers $50 billion over ten weeks.My $50 billion cut, one percent of total federal spending, would have excluded Social Security, Medicare, the Department of Defense, Military Construction, and the Department of Veterans Affairs and would have rescinded $30 billion from funds originally appropriated to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

In June of this year, the national debt surpassed $32 trillion. Then, in September, the national debt surpassed $33 trillion. You heard that right. It took Congress 90 short days to add a trillion dollars in debt.

Unless we change course, the debt will consume us. America’s future as a nation is threatened by our mounting debt and will ultimately force a day of reckoning. We borrow over $176 million every hour, $3 million every minute, and $50,000 every second.It’s only a matter of time before the world wakes up and refuses to buy our debt. This reckless level of borrowing and spending is patently unsustainable. The ever-increasing heights of our debt mean a weak economy, high inflation, and confiscatory tax rates. In other words, today’s spending threatens tomorrow’s prosperity.

A group of 31 other Republican Senators supported my amendment that would have saved American taxpayers billions. I’ll never stop fighting to rein in out-of-control spending and get our country’s fiscal business in order; bold actions must be taken to defeat our mounting national debt – our Nation’s future depends on it.

[color=#000000 !important]You can watch my floor remarks ahead of the vote HERE, and learn more about my amendment HERE."[/color]

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera