My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2023 4:53 am  #1

Sacred Science - the story of 2 wolves inside us all

This is why I always think of American Indians as VERY intelligent.  In a world where you didn't just walk to the nearest grocery store to buy what you needed each week, these people managed to survive (mostly) by their wits and talent.

[color=#000000 !important]A few summers ago, an Ojibwe elder in the backwoods of Wisconsin shared an old Cherokee tale with me that I reflect on to this day. His words illustrate an important choice we all have to make as we walk through this world, and they're particularly handy in times of challenge and doubt.[/color][color=#000000 !important]I hope this teaching serves you as well.[/color]

[color=#d35400 !important]The Two Wolves[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. [/color]

[color=#000000 !important]He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.”[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]“One is Evil – It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]“The other is Good – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf wins?”[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]Stay curious,[/color][color=#000000 !important]Nick Polizzi
Host of Healing Kitchen: Let Food Be Thy Medicine
& Founder of The Sacred Science[/color]

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera